- Life Stages
• Intent: “We proclaim Him…” Discuss how the Person of Christ, not an idea, is at the center of our lives. While God has revealed truth through Scripture, the ultimate expression of truth is found in Jesus Christ (Jn. 1:17-18, 14:6).
• Intent: Answers may include pastors, teachers, God, Scripture, and fellow Christians.
• Intent: For works of service, building up the church, unity, knowledge of Christ, and maturity, resulting in Christlikeness.
• Intent: We can always grow! See 1 John 3:2 (We will be like Him) and 2 Cor. 3:18 (We are being transformed into Christ’s image).
• Intent: This is a relationship; both God and we have roles. See Philip. 1:6-7, 2:12-13, and Heb. 5:14-6:1.
• Intent: We are always both ahead and behind others in our spiritual maturity, and thus, we are continuously called to both disciple and be discipled. See Col. 3:16; Titus 2:3-5, and 2 Tim. 2:2.
• Intent: Comparison is a trap. We each carry our own unique gifting and calling. We fulfill our call in and through Christ (Philip. 2:13). The Scriptures alone set the standard.
Does Christianity stand the test of authenticity? Come be encouraged and invigorated as we walk through the gospel according to Luke, a man who knew why he believed what he believed and tested it's verisimilitude.
If God handed you a million dollars today to fuel His mission on earth, how would you invest it? What organizations, groups, charities, people groups, etc. would you give to, and why?
Sometimes special experiences have a way of snapping us back to reality more than a 1000 well-crafted words could ever do. Enter into one of those moments with Jillian Finkbeiner as she captures her last glorious moments with her mother.
"Great job!" "I am so proud of you!" "Way to go!" Some have known the power of these words spoken over them by a person they truly look up to. Expressions like "That's my boy!" or "That's my girl!" carry incredible significance in life. How much more the impact when God, the Creator of the Universe, rejoicingly speaks the words of "Well Done!" over you. This week's GROW Group Questions are a reflection on winning that moment with God.
Mine, mine, mine.... These words seem to repeatedly echo from the halls of households raising two and three year-olds. While many of us grew out of that language, not all of us grew out of that mindset. This week could be rewardingly uncomfortable as we examine whether 'mine' still has a place in our heart's language.