These general questions are to be used by individuals or groups throughout the summer break.
1. Read the main passage from this week's sermon. Are you familiar with the book from which the passage is drawn? If not, read the introduction to the book in a study Bible or click HERE.
- Who was the author and who were the recipients? What were the issues being addressed, and where were they taking place? What are some keywords in the passage?
2. What do you see as the speaker's emphasis or main point in this week's sermon?
3. How does this sermon and main passage apply to you, and what is God directing you to change?
4. Which one of the seven stages of "Our Pathway" journey does the sermon and the main passage address? What actions can you take to implement this Pathway stage?
- Reminder: The Pathway – "Invest & Invite" Matthew 5:13-16, "Experience" John 4:23-24, "Rooted" Colossians 2:6-7, "Community" Acts 2:42-47, "Equip" Colossians 1:28, "Ministry" Ephesians 2:10, and "Multiply" 2 Timothy 2:2.
5. What about Jesus could be attractive to those who don't know Him? Who will you share Him with this week?
6. Invite someone over or share a meal with the intent to talk about this week's sermon. For example: What does it teach us about God or ourselves? What are some things we can do to stir our affections for the Lord?