1. Read the
main passage from this week's sermon. Are you familiar with the book from which
the passage is drawn? If not, read the introduction to the book in a study
Bible or go to https://www.biblica.com/resources/scholar-notes/niv-study-bible/.
Who were the author and the
recipients? What were the issues being addressed, and where were they taking
place? What are some keywords in the passage?
2. What do you see as the speaker's emphasis or main point in this week's
3. In the
passage(s) do you see a
a. Sin to
4. How does this sermon and main passage apply to you?
5. Is God directing you to change something, or encouraging you with a
promise or perhaps revealing something new about His heart?
6. If you felt the Lord speaking to you directly regarding one of the
verses, memorize it and meditate on it over the week.
7. Share with someone this week what God is doing in your life, preferably
a non-Christian, and ask them what they think.
8. Consider contacting someone who you may have
lost touch with, and see how they are doing during this time.