Bethel Kids has been so very blessed over the last few months by faithful servers who stepped in to help us out when we needed it. We started on a wing and a prayer last summer hoping and praying that we would have enough people to help out when the kids came. We started meeting outside under the tent and reached out to a few people and before you knew it, we had Sunday school! We soon moved into the building and more kids quickly came and more leaders soon followed.
We are so thankful for those amazing people who saw a need and made themselves available and now we want to honor them by giving them some time off to enjoy their family during the summer months before they sign back up to serve this fall. Serving in Kids Ministry is so rewarding but can be a little intimidating at first. That's why serving a couple of times in the summer to get your feet wet makes the most sense.
There are so many reasons to serve in Kid's Ministry;
1. You get to know some amazing kids. You won't believe how smart, funny, talented, kind, helpful, and cute they are.
2. As a perk you might get to know some pretty great adults too.
3. You are investing in something eternal. Surveys have shown that the majority of Christians came to Christ before the age of 18 and 2/3 of those made that decision between the age of 4-14. What a mission field! Which leads to...
4. It's great training for discipling others in your life.
5. When teaching kids, you always learn something new.
6. It's a blessing to parents to know their kids are being fed while they are being fed.
7. Kids are sponges and want to learn. We have great curriculum, activities, and worship provided but we need the servers to hang out with the kids and care for them.
Research has shown one of the most powerful factors for kids who grew up in church and continued church engagement into adulthood, is how many adults (besides their parents) were in their lives expressing genuine care in that church community. Having at least 5 significant relationships seems to make a genuine impact. Being part of the children’s ministry team on Sundays gives you a chance to be one of those 5 key people in a child’s life.
It's summer, take those shoes off, get those feet wet, and sign up to serve this summer.
"About that time the followers came to Jesus and asked, “Who is the greatest in God’s kingdom?” Jesus called a little child to come to him. He stood the child in front of the followers. Then he said, “The truth is, you must change your thinking and become like little children. If you don’t do this, you will never enter God’s kingdom. The greatest person in God’s kingdom is the one who makes himself humble like this child. “Whoever accepts a little child like this in my name is accepting me." Matthew 18: 1-5(ESV)